Hillsong posted a great blog called 25 Confessions of a Worship Team. Alicia and I both expected it to be comical and I’ll admit, I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t. So, we took it upon ourselves to write the amusing one!
1. It’s acceptable to insert “oh heck ya” when you don’t remember the words to a song.
2. Amazing chains, my grace is gone. Words get jumbled ALL the time.
3. We’ve played reggae versions of practically every worship song ever known to man. And I STILL can’t stand it.
5. Sometimes we secretly hoped the sermon would go longer so there would be time for a bathroom break. The coffee catches up right as Keith starts to pray, without a doubt.
6. We’ve played Sweet Home Alabama as the intro to far too many songs. Actually, even just one is too many.
7. Twitter sometimes feels like the only connection to the outside world during a long practice.
8. Whowaaweeeee. Who are we. Like I said, words get jumbled.
9. I (Andrea) think my guitar picks like hanging out inside my guitar. They just kind of jump in.
10. I (Alicia) get lipstick on the microphone ALL THE TIME.
11. We’ve prayed to not be scheduled for the “You Are Holy” weeks.
12. There’s a chunk of guitar chords that I (Andrea) have no interest in learning. Please don’t pick songs that are made up solely of those chords.**
13. One benefit of being at church before everyone else on Sunday mornings? Prime parking spots.
14. I (Alicia) can’t wear white nail polish while playing the piano. It quickly and unfortunately becomes a game of “where are my fingers?”.
15. Sometimes we wanted to use the tacky backgrounds for the slides just because they were so tacky and horrible.
16. We’ve tripped over cords while trying to quietly get on or off the stage.
17. Keeping the backstage giggling to a minimum was a real challenge way too many times.
18. I (Andrea) really can tune my own guitar. Shocker, I know. 😉
19. “Save the melody” is a real thing.
20. “Hosanna” starts to sound like “oh santa” when you’ve sang it too many times in a row.
** Where’s my capo?